What is SteraMist®?
- SteraMist® is a hydrogen peroxide-based mist/fog registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”) as a hospital-healthcare and effective broad-spectrum surface disinfectant. SteraMist® Technology and Binary Ionization Technology (BIT™) are manufactured and licensed by TOMI Environmental Solutions.
- Binary Ionization Technology® (BIT™) is the process of converting the BIT™ solution into a Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) (specifically the Hydroxyl Radical) through the SteraMist™ equipment/machines.
- The sole active ingredient is Hydrogen Peroxide in a 7.8% solution.
- iHP is the mist/fog containing Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) (specifically the hydroxyl radical) created by the BIT™ process.
- The by-products of ionized hydrogen peroxide are simply oxygen and water in the form of humidity, making our technology far safer to handle than those left by conventional methods.
- Yes-- it is EPA registered (Reg#90150-2). Not only that, SteraMist is the first EPA registered solution + equipment combination that provides the unique technology of hydrogen peroxide ionization for Hospital-Healthcare Disinfecting.
- In addition, SteraMist Technology is EPA registered for use at sites that are nearly endless-- from Airplanes, Dorms, Hotels, Hospitals, to Submarines, Trains, and Clinics.